Pirates of the Carribean - Dead Man's Chest

Saturday, July 08, 2006 at 2:33 AM
Early tonight (Friday) I went with my good friend Pam to see the new installation in the Pirates of the Carribean franchise "Dead Man's Chest." These movies are originally drawn from a ride at a Disney theme park and have now become a major blockbuster attraction. I for one think that Disney is doing a great favor to themselves by expanding this franchise (and a great favor to me, because I love Depp and Pirates.) While these movies don't do much to expand the mind, explore the soul, or service society, they certainly are entertaining. This movie has an excellent combination of humor and action that keeps you entertained through 2 and a half hours. The CGI in this movie is incredible and I can't wait for the DVD to come out so I can see the special features.

Granted, this movie isn't a cultural masterpiece, but it isn't trying to be. Pirates of the Carribean, the entire franchise, is an exciting ride through a make believe world of pirates, booty, sword fights and rum. Right now, I'm wondering "why is the rum is always gone?"

0 comments