That was a Heck of a Birthday, America!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 at 8:49 AM
Man, oh Man, what an interesting and exciting July 4th! Not only was it a great summer day (it rained at night), but there was just a handful of events taking place around the world yesterday.

First of all, the shuttle launch was successful and WE'RE BACK IN SPACE!

Also, even though it was a day to celebrate America's independence, there was still World Cup 2006 semi-finals goin' on. The USA team is of course no longer in the cup, but it was still entertaining watching the Italian team defeat Germany on their own soil.

Finally, North Korea seems to think that firing off missles is a good way to celebrate the 4th. Apparently they got confused by all the fireworks. (I think.) Anyway, North Korea, seriously, what are you doing?

Sure, there were plenty of other aspects to the day that were really only witnessed by me (and the people around me) that also made my July 4th, 2006 a great one, but I won't bore you with those details here. IM me at gobuffs10 on AIM and ask me how my 4th went!

2 comments

  1. Stephanie Says:

    FRANCE V ITALY ! ! !

    GO FRANCE!!!!

  2. shaggy duck Says:

    I enjoy your enthusiasm for soccer, Stephanie, but I'm sorry...

    VIVA ITALIA!!!