World Cup 2006 - Semi-Finals

Saturday, July 01, 2006 at 3:05 PM
Well, we are getting closer and closer to this year's World Cup Final match (July 9th, 2006.) Unfortunately England won't be playing in that game, but I don't think anyone is suprised. I actually didn't wake up early enough to watch the quarter-finals match between England and Portugal, and although at first I was disappointed, my disappointment was quickly vanquished after I saw the review of the match. Of course, Wayne "Ogre" Rooney acted like an ogre once again, stomping on a player from the Portugese side, earning him a red card and explusion from the game. (What an idiot! Seriously, get it together man, shit)

The quarter-final match between France and Brazil was an interesting game. Certainly some of the greatest players in the world facing off. The french star Zidane is playing every game like it's his last, because their next loss will be his last. He is retiring after the cup. I wouldn't say I was suprised to see Brazil lose, but it's always a little disappointing to see those frog-eating-surrender-monkey's win something. Whatever though, glad to see they are finally playing some soccer.

Semi-Final Matches:
July 4, 2006 2pm CST - Germany vs. Italy
July 5, 2006 2pm CST - Portugal vs. France

My prediction for the Final:
Italy vs. France (Italy 2-1)

0 comments