Sorry for the Delay - Mngmt.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 at 10:08 PM
Hey, all you dedicated readers (cause I can tell by the hit counter that I have at least a few), I'm truly sorry that I haven't updated recently. There are a few reasons for this and they are listed below:

  1. My monitor died suddenly. I woke up one day a few weeks ago and my monitor simply wasn't working. Fortunately, my good friend Chuck let me borrow his monitor for awhile while he was out of town, but now he is back in town because....
  2. Both Chuck and I have been working on a new short film called "Script Cops." It is a parody on the TV show COPS, but they arrest bad screenwriters. Hopefully this project will become a collection of trailers for the Austin Film Festival. It's is being directed by on of my former professors, Scott Rice, and forged from the labor of an incredible cast and crew. The shoot has been taking place during the last 2 days and it ends on Sunday. Anyone who knows anything about the film business knows that shooting days can be long and tiring. Friday was over 12 hours and Saturday was about 10 or so. Tomorrow will probably be something of the same. (In case anyone cares, I'm the U-Haul truck driver and Production Assitant on this project)
So, anyway, this is part of the reason that I haven't been on the net recently (or updating my blog.) There are actually tons of things I would like to be talking about. I hope everyone is keeping an eye on the Middle East and the possible looming threat of World War 3. I wish that I could spend a little more time reading the news, but I'll have to save it until the shoot is over. I find myself indulging in the ignorance that seems to consume most americans, but it's a false sense of security. The world is changing right before our eyes!

I will be finished on Monday with a few things to do:
  1. Go back to work (even though my boss is on Vaction...so I guess, really, I'm on vacation)
  2. Plan my trip to Colorado to visit my Grandfather and my Aunt (..and the VIP Coors Tour!) I'll be gone from July 27th - 31st.
  3. Get ready to move to motherfucking Los Angeles, California.
I will post more in the coming week!

0 comments